Friday 30 December 2022

Books that I loved in ‘22

 The Lost Storyteller by Amanda Block


This was another recommendation from my Twitter friend Adam, and again he picked a corker. I don’t have enough superlatives to describe how this book made me feel. 

Captivating? Yes!

Evocative? Yes, Yes! 

Poignant? Yes, Yes, Yes!

The journey that Rebecca takes in trying to uncover the meaning of her father’s book of fairy tales is riveting. All of her childhood feelings of abandonment and hurt colour her adult life and only by exploring the past can she find peace of mind. It’s an interesting take on the father/daughter dynamic and one which will have you alternating between laughter and tears. It might also make you question things from your own past that you’ve taken as gospel up till now. All in all, a gem of a book. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

How Did Life End Up With Us? : By S.S. O’Connor

  This is Book 1 in The Secrets of Life Quartet & the fact its headline linked these to The Big Bang and Trump piqued my interest. My ba...